Friday, 29 April 2011

The Green Chain - Eco Interview


PriceMinister are organizing a really cool fundraiser for SAS YPTE & TFC called the Green Chain. If you want to raise £10 for an environmental charity check out their blog
Here is my interview:

- Turning the heating down by just one degree in your house saves 240kg of CO2 a year. It would take eight trees to soak up this amount of CO2! Are you currently doing anything to make your home eco-friendly?

I’ve been listening to the fleet foxes & pre-electric Dylan recently : )

I never turn the heating up at more than 20 degrees, and if I’m a bit cold I rather put a jumper on than turn the heating up.


- Rainforests once covered 14% of the earth's land surface, now they only cover 2%. How are you reducing your use of paper?

I hardly ever buy magazines, maybe one a month, the rest of the time I’m on the internet. I don’t have a printer and always recycle.
The most important thing for me is trying not to print to much paper in the office!


- At PriceMinister we believe that trading second hand items online is a great way to extend the life span of products. Have you ever thought of buying or selling second hand items on or off line?

I’m a big online buyer but not as big as my wife Ana ( check out here eco bohemian crafty blog Crear es Creer) she spends hours hunting for bargains on the net.
We also love to go to Parisian flea markets on Sundays.  


- One of the biggest environmental challenges we face is Freshwater Shortages. Are you taking measures to reduce your water consumption?

I never, ever, ever buy bottle water. Well at least not when I’m at home. I also try limit the time spent in the shower ( until I’m clean and smell like a fresh rose: )


- How do you choose the produce that goes into your shopping basket? (any favorite products?)

Uhhh that’s a tricky one! I generally buy fruits and veggies in the supermarket (bbooooooooooo) I know, I know. The worst thing is that they don’t even taste like fruits & veggies. We went to Argentina a few weeks back and eat fresh vegetables and it was like the first time all over again. They tasted so good!!
Otherwise I cook my own meals and never buy microwave stuff.  Favourite product? Fresh tomatoes with a touch of extra virgin olive oil and a pinch of salt.  


- What is your favourite green space near home? (a photo would be great!)

We live next to the Canal St Martin in Paris, it’s really great in the summer, people gather round, eat, drink and play guitar and socialize. Shame the weather is foul 10 months out of 12 : ( 


- Which charity would you like to support and why?

I would like to support Surfers Against Sewage because I think that their org is really original and groovy. I lived in Corsica for about 10 years and I absolutely love the sea. To many companies take the sea for a giant dump, and that’s outrageous in my opinion... So I think it’s really cool that these guys are there to watch over the big blue ocean and denounce all the corporate pirate...


- Please give us the url of a fellow blogger (or bloggers) you would like us to contact to raise an extra £10.

 My beautiful wife of course : http://crearescreer.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean about supermarket fruit and veg - we've been getting organic veg boxes lately and the carrots taste so carroty!
    Hope you had a wonderful time in Argentina - not good for the carbon footprint, but what an amazing country - we went there for our honeymoon!

    ReplyDelete